Meadowcrest Cottage

Saturday, April 3, 2010

My Grandmother's Silver

Last weekend I played golf with my older sister, Janice. We met at the golf course and played the nine holes. When we got back to the club house and were ready to leave she handed me a box and said "Here, I am cleaning out closets and this is Grandma's silver. It hasn't been used in over 40 years" I stood there dumbfounded. My Grandmother died in 1989 at the age of 90. I never remember seeing this silver. Well I was estatic. I didn't even care what it looked like or what condition it was in. It was my Grandmother's! If my sister had told me about the silver out on the course, that would have been the end of the game. I would have hightailed it back right then and there-with her or without her. Well I took it home and did the inventory. I researched it on the internet and found it was made in 1950 by International Silver for Wm Rogers Silver Co (or vice versa). The pattern is called "Spring Charm" and it is a serving of eight. I gently cleaned it all with a very good silver cleaner. It is amazing! I love it. the patina(scratches and all) is fabulous. I cannot wait to use it. I now have another treasure from my Grandmother's life that gives me the fondest memories of her. She was the sweetest. Take a look.











Can't wait to use it for Easter!!

Happy Easter everyone!!

No comments: