Meadowcrest Cottage

Sunday, March 28, 2010

This may be a stretch for Metamorphosis Monday, at Between Naps On The Porch but it is in fact a metamorphosis.
I have had this blue and white fabric in my stash for a while. I buy fabric when I fall in love with it even though I do not know what I will be using it for. I just stash it away until an idea hits me. I love to make machine quilts. I usually make lap size as they are so much more versatile for decorating. I also make table runners and placemats.
Since I love blue and white china(expensive or inexpensive) I thought I would try to make a runner that would echo the pattern in my blue and white dishes, accessories, etc. This is such an easy fast table runner. I didn't even quilt it or topsitch it. I just put stiff interfacing between the layers. I also made 4 placemats with leftover fabric.





No comments: